I am an undergraduate at Macquarie University. Where can I go if I need help with personal or study problems?


I am an undergraduate at Macquarie University. Where can I go if I need help with personal or study problems?


At some point in your studies you may feel overwhelmed or have a problem you do not feel you can handle yourself. This is not unusual, and if it happens there are people you can go to for help.

Student Advocacy and Support provide assistance and support, including advice on visa information, fees, University policy & procedure, and run support programs for international students. Student Advocacy Advisors can help you adapt and adjust to living and studying in Australia. SAS are your first point of contact for problems and act as a referral service for facilities and services on campus, listed below.

Campus Wellbeing is committed to providing a range of free and confidential quality services to support and assist you during your time at Macquarie University. These include:

    •    Welfare Service: welfare-related matters (tenancy, access to legal services, financial, sexuality, sexual health, managing your money and information on student loans

    •    Career Development Centre: working out your career path

    •    Medical Service (bulk-billed): dealing with medical and health concerns

    •    Disability Support Unit : managing with a disability or health condition

    •    Counselling Service : dealing with personal and emotional issues

    •    Learning Support: improving your academic performance and study skills

    •    Accommodation Service: finding a place to live and advertising available accommodation.

SAS is also available to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students who need high level advice about their studies and the University's procedures, but who do not know where or how to seek help, or what help is available. A SAS Officer acts as a liaison person and a facilitator between students and members of the academic, administrative and support services of the University. Students encountering difficulties of any kind can contact SAS to discuss their difficulties, and will be advised on appropriate actions to take or people to see to resolve their problems. 

If you have further questions, please submit an online enquiry.