How do I defer my studies?


How do I defer my studies?


"Deferment" at Macquarie University is used ONLY in relation to people who have received an Undergraduate offer of a place at Macquarie through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) but, choose to postpone commencing their studies. If you are a new student and have received an offer you can defer your place at Macquarie for 1 year (may be extendable to 2 years under certain circumstances).

If you are a current Macquarie University student and want to take time off between years of study please refer to the Discontinue Your Current Program page.

Please note: deferment is not available for the following students who receive offers for:

  • Graduate Certificates or Diplomas
  • Postgraduate studiesĀ 
  • Or, direct entry pathways eg MUIC

To ask further questions submit an online enquiry.