Where can I get legal assistance?


Where can I get legal assistance?


Macquarie University does not offer a legal service advising or representing students, however there are external resources students can access.

For general advice, LawAcces can assist with information about many common legal questions.

Local Students can contact their local community legal centre for advice. See here to find the closest service.

In limited circumstances, local students may be able to access legal aid services for representation in legal matters.

International Students may seek advice from community legal services. Redfern Legal Centre operates a weekly legal advice service for international students, by appointment.

For some matters, students may wish to speak to the Welfare Service which is located on campus, for support, information, advocacy and referral on accessing legal advice. Such matters include:

  • traffic offences and motor vehicle accidents
  • employment rights
  • harassment/discrimination
  • domestic violence matters
  • assault charges/criminal charges
  • frauds and scams
  • consumer rights
  • family law matters
  • immigration matters

For further information, support or to make an appointment with a Welfare Officeplease contact Student Wellbeing