Where can I get help with my English?


Where can I get help with my English?


The Learning Skills team offers

  • workshops covering academic language issues such as writing clearer sentences, and making your writing more academic
  • the StudyWISE iLearn unit, which includes resources focusing on English grammar, punctuation and vocabulary
  • individual consultations with WriteWISE leaders, where you can get feedback on your grammar (by reviewing one or two paragraphs), structure, referencing and other issues.
  • online feedback on your draft assignment via Studiosity.

There are credit-bearing units which students can enrol into to develop their academic reading, writing and critical thinking skills, including Academic Communication in Business and Economics, Academic Communication in Science and Academic Communication in the Social Sciences and Humanities. 


The Faculty of Business and Economics runs the English Speaking Club which is open to all students. In the weekly groups you can practice your speaking skills and meet new people.